September 2- The Big Name Reveal!!

After COUNTLESS hours... weeks... months... of looking through THOUSANDS of baby names, we have made our decision. It hasn't been easy and the two of us have spent an unbelievable amount of time working on it and we are finally ready to officially share it with you.

Drum roll........

I introduce to you.....



RIVER ATLEY & RILEY JEANNE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The name River means something very special to us. With G growing up on the Raquette River and myself growing up in Toms River, NJ- both places we hold dear to our hearts- plus our love of being on the water, we felt it was the perfect fit for our little future water skier. We ran through the gamut of middle names and it was tough. Some of the names we liked (such as Chase) didn't work so well, as River Chase sounds like an amusement park ride! We researched every name out there and we fell in love with Atley, especially G. Nothing else worked as nicely!

Naming River was pretty easy. Once we put that name together our hearts were both set on it. It was the girl name we had the most trouble with. Not that we couldn't find one, we just had a few in mind that we both really liked so it was tough to choose just one! With having two names that we loved, we went on a wild goose chase to see if by chance there might be something out there we liked better but to no avail. And believe me when I say it was an exhaustive search! The second runner up was Paisley, and for a while it was in first place. But we decided that Riley went perfectly with River with both of them starting with R and having 5 letters, the names roll smoothly together and are quite fitting for twin names. The middle name, Jeanne, is my mother's middle name. When she had me, she passed on her middle name but added a "tte" to the end of it making it Jeannette. I figured I would keep the tradition by going back to Jeanne and hopefully someday Riley will use Jeannette for her daughter's middle name! You never know...

So there you have it! Now we can talk to them using their names! We told our family and soon we'll announce it to the rest of our friends and family via FB. It is really great to get such a major decision out of the way because that was occupying WAY too much of my thoughts. Next up... working on the nursery!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete