September 8- Roller Coaster

I swear I've never felt so many back and forth emotions in a short amount of time. And this is a daily occurrence! Most of the time my emotions shift from one way to the other from hour to hour. Like my body for instance. Sometimes I look in the mirror and all I see is a blown out version of myself with rolls tucked here and there and my ever-expanding ass. Other times I look and think, "well it could be worse" and that maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. People are always telling me I look small for being 20 weeks pregnant with twins but in actuality I've already gained close to 30 pounds in the past 5 months. The one thing that drives me nuts is when people say, "well you've got two in there." Right. But I'm not carrying them in my hips and thighs! I see women who are way further along than me and they have skinny arms and legs and only a cute baby bump. And I'm talking chicks who are 38 weeks! I'm guessing it's because I've battled with weight issues my whole life so it's easier to put on the pounds as opposed to those who were skinny all their lives. But it's still a bummer! My husband is being über supportive though. He's my little cheerleader! (Oh sorry honey... I mean big, strong, burly grizzly bear of a manly man) LOL. It does help though. And I know whatever I put on I will take off, but man did I ever work my ass off to finally get to the fitness level I was at before getting pregnant. It literally took a lifetime. But alas, what's a prego to do? Just suck it up and deal with it. I know it's for a good cause, it's just frustrating. Especially since I know the worst is yet to come.

Which brings me to another topic of concern. The impending third trimester. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place because I want to seek out support from others who've been through twin pregnancy but at the same time the things I read on the forums terrify me. Most of the posts I read people are in agony once they reach 32 weeks and complain of pure misery. They are so uncomfortable they can't take it any more and many are on bed rest. So when I read that stuff I work myself into a tizzy because I'm headed toward that and there's nothing I can do about it. But then at other times I think about how strong and healthy I am and in shape and think I can beat this! I've continued my workout routine throughout so far and have lots of energy and firmly believe that can only work in my favor. (See what I mean about the back and forth stuff?). I guess really it's a fear of the unknown. The unpredictability of what's to come. But I suppose I need to get used to that, as I'm sure being a parent in general is an unpredictable job in itself...

5 comments:

  1. I can understand about the weight. It's hard to see yourself gain back the weight that you've worked so hard to lose... despite it is for a good cause. Just remember to be healthy in the eating and do the appropriate amount of exercise for someone in your condition. You will lose it again afterwards. I have no doubt. I think you will find it relatively easy for you will be running around after two little ones.

    As for the 3rd trimester... it is different for all. Just keep your head up and look positive towards the experience. Yes, it can be difficult for you start getting tired easier for you, etc. However, the right attitude makes the world of difference. I think you will look fondly on the whole experience once it is over.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support, Kelly! It means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this from TB multiples page and just wanted to say - the third trimester isn't all that bad! I was a bit sore and spent lots of time in hot baths (even if it meant taking one at 3am) but my boys were born at 38w4d and it was totally worth any pain. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When he break up with me my heart was filled with pains,sorrow..couldn't just bear it any more because i was madly in love with my boyfriend. Every day and night i thought of him and always wish he would come back to me, i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and came across a testimony that suggested "Dr osofo that he can help get ex back fast a nd also stop a divorce. I felt I should give him a try...I contacted him and he told me what he need to work on my situation and i gave them to him then he did a love spell for me... 48 hours after, my boyfriend called me and came back to me and apologized for leaving me..(cos he hurt me) and promised never to do that again. Since that day, he has really be so nice to me.. he just love me more...am so happy..All thanks to dr osofo. If you have any problem and your want to get your ex back contact him, I was also told he have herbal medicine that cure all kinds of diseases/sickness, contact dr osofo now through his email......( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete