August 2- Pregnancy Brain

     Boy did I ever have a case of pregnancy brain today! I seriously should have stayed in bed! It started with me leaving my freshly made smoothie on the counter when I left for the gym. I really wanted to go to my weights class today and I got ready in time only to completely miss the exit, causing me to have to drive pretty far to turn around and ultimately missed my class. I nearly ran out of gas because I forgot I had planned on leaving early to get some before class. So since I missed my class I went to the gas station before the gym. Started pumping, went in to get a water, then came out and hopped in my car to go. As I started to quickly drive off I heard a loud crunch and boom. I totally forgot to take the pump out of my gas tank! I bent my gas cover and made a complete idiot of myself. But I just casually got out, put the nozzle back on the pump and nonchalantly went on my way, making sure I didn't make eye contact with anyone around me. What the hell is wrong with me??

     So I went to the gym to do a regular workout and realized I forgot my book at home. Then while at the gym I ran into an old colleague of mine from when I was a fitness instructor and she was looking rock solid and super fit, as she was training for a body competition. I noticed her eyeing my body and I announced that I was pregnant with twins. And I know I know, I can't compare myself while I'm pregnant but damn I couldn't help but think if she ran into me 4 months ago I was at my best ever, looking super toned and slim. So that, on top of the morning I was having, put me in a bit of a funk. But I carried on with my day.

     It's my hubby's birthday today so I had to do some last minute shopping for him. I managed to miss two more exits on the journey, which would make sense if I didn't LIVE HERE! Anyway, I went and picked up a big glass jar with a spout to make sun tea like G's mom does back home. Thought it would be a nice touch to have at the house. Brought it home, filled it up and wouldn't ya know the freaking thing has a leak! I seriously can't win today! But I had to put on a happy face for when the hubs gets home, as it is his birthday after all. I topped off my wacky day by managing to ruin the casserole I made for him. But he was sweet and ate it anyway.

     I bought stuff to make healthy versions of two different kinds of cupcakes to bake for Sunday. We are having a few friends over for a birthday luncheon. That's what life is now... luncheons instead of happy hour. Sadly, I am beginning to look forward to having lunch with people. It's the only way I socialize now! So I was holding off on making the cupcakes because I know how my husband and I operate. We are super health conscious most of the time, but put fresh-baked goods in front of us and all bets are off! When he got home I told him I wasn't baking the cupcakes tonight because of that very reason. Of course pan to about 2 hours later and we were in pure "fuck it" mode and the baking was on! Now while I made a healthy version of the cupcakes, I'm pretty sure eating SIX of them negated that whole thing. This is why I didn't want to make them! LOL. Oh well... We'll just say it was two for me and two for each of the twins! Shameful? A tad. But they were soooo good going down!














We ended the night with G opening his presents. With me being out of work I couldn't go crazy with the gifts like I usually do. But I did get him something really special. For years he's been saying he wants to see Nine Inch Nails in concert, but never had the chance. So when I heard they would be in town come this October, I jumped on tickets the minute they went on sale. Got some pretty awesome seats, too! I did all I could to prevent him from finding out they would be here because then I knew I'd be screwed. We ALMOST made it to his birthday but then about a week ago while I was in the bathroom he announced from the kitchen that NIN were playing in October. Shit. I knew no matter how I answered the jig was up. If I acted surprised he would have immediately wanted to purchase the tickets and I would have had to spill the beans. Not knowing what to say I just responded with, "yeah?" And that was it. I knew my silence and lack of interest was far too obvious. Especially when he didn't say anything else after that. But what was I to do? So when it came time to give him his present, he was super happy but I could tell not surprised. He told me he had a feeling I had gotten them with the way I responded when he brought it up, but confirmed my assumption that had I acted all excited about the concert he would have bought the tickets himself. So it was a lose-lose situation. However, he IS thrilled to get to see them. The only possible hang up is with it being at the end of October, there's always the possibility that I could be on bed rest by then. But I told him if that's the case he is going to take someone else, no ifs-ands-or buts about it! Guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out...


2 comments:

  1. When he break up with me my heart was filled with pains,sorrow..couldn't just bear it any more because i was madly in love with my boyfriend. Every day and night i thought of him and always wish he would come back to me, i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and came across a testimony that suggested "Dr osofo that he can help get ex back fast a nd also stop a divorce. I felt I should give him a try...I contacted him and he told me what he need to work on my situation and i gave them to him then he did a love spell for me... 48 hours after, my boyfriend called me and came back to me and apologized for leaving me..(cos he hurt me) and promised never to do that again. Since that day, he has really be so nice to me.. he just love me more...am so happy..All thanks to dr osofo. If you have any problem and your want to get your ex back contact him, I was also told he have herbal medicine that cure all kinds of diseases/sickness, contact dr osofo now through his email......( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete