August 3- Momentarily Carnivorous

     Tonight the hubs and I went to one of our favorite special restaurants to continue his birthday celebration. Texas de Brazil. For those of you who have never heard of it, it is a churrascaria, which means waiters walk around with giant skewers of different types of animal flesh for you to stuff your face with until you pass out. Why would that kind of place be the favorite dining spot for me, the girl who has been a vegetarian since she could first chew? I go for the incredibly massive salad bar (and all the hot non-meat sides). My husband, being the carnivore that he is, uses it as an opportunity to stuff his face full of meat. Well, I'd say about once a year I attempt to try some beef or chicken because sometimes it looks good and I admire how much others enjoy eating it. It's never been about the whole "saving the animals" thing, but always just that I have never liked the taste. My mom always tells the story that even at two years old I would put my fingers in my mouth and pull out any meat chunks that were in my baby food. However, t really does limit what I can eat and I truly wish I liked it so I could expand my options. Unfortunately, every time I try something, from filet mignon to mahi mahi (although I will not TOUCH any variation of pork. Ew.) I chew it for a second and then have to spit it out. It's just a no go. So when I was eyeing my hubby's chunk of filet mignon tonight, I fully expected the same thing to happen if I dared to try a piece. But it just kept staring at me, tempting me to eat it. G looked at me like I had six heads when I asked him for a piece. And to both of our complete and utter surprise, I didn't spit it out. In fact, I liked it. A lot. Like, I wanted more. I made him flag down the filet guy and get another piece. And I ate it! The whole chunk! My husband was sitting there staring at me in disbelief. He said, "I have never seen you like this. I am intrigued but also nervous you are going to get sick." I couldn't believe it either. But ya know, the funny thing is at around the 5th bite it all of a sudden went right back to being gross and unchewable and I immediately spit it out. For those brief few minutes though, it was delicious. It's like my taste buds turned off for a minute. Perhaps my body needed protein or iron or something and that was its way of allowing me to get the nutrients? Who knows. Pregnancy brings very strange things...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete