June 11- Fetal Doppler

     It's my first week home and I have been keeping busy. First off, I try to keep the house super nice and clean so the hubs can appreciate me being home playing housewife. I didn't feel bad in the summers before, but now that I know I don't have a job to go back to I have been feeling a bit guilty. So I want to be sure and show G the positive side of me being home, and that is him coming home to a super clean house with the laundry cleaned and put away and dinner being made. He doesn't make me feel bad about it or anything, it's my own sense of guilt rearing its ugly head there.

     So the past two days I have gone to the morning version of my dance class, which is good to get it out of the way. I used to go to the evening classes after work, but I feel like if I go early I am free the rest of the day. Of course, I keep saying that will give me a chance to go to a yoga class in the evening, but by the time I get home and clean I'm in need of a nap and therefore haven't made it back out of the house in the evening. So I'll keep putting it on my "To Do" list and hopefully get to cross it off sometime.

     That's the thing though...naps. I never thought I'd be one to need them but holy crap have I needed one each day lately. When you are pregnant, your body is perpetually working extra hard to build the baby, so to speak, and with two buns in the oven my body is clocking in some serious overtime. So basic every day things like exercise, running errands, breathing... it is all quite exhausting and requires zonking out for a bit mid-day. However, getting to those naps is a different story. Admittedly though, I seem to feel a little better after a nap at least for a little while. In everything I have read it says to take naps throughout the day. Which is all fine and dandy if you are off work, but for those who have a job to go to I don't see how it can be done. “Hey boss, if you need me I'll be asleep in the corner of my office.” Riiight. That would go over well! I give you ladies mad props who have to work full time and go through this.

     Anyway, the handheld fetal doppler we ordered came in. It is a Sonoline B and is pretty cool, but I think it is too early for it to work right. We globbed the gel it came with on the wand part of the contraption and ran it over where we think the babies were. After a while we heard a repetitive wooshing sound in the earphones and saw the number 125 flash on the screen. We weren't sure if that was one of the babies or if we were catching the sound of my blood flowing so I put the earphones on and took my pulse at the same time. It was definitely me. But wow that seemed like pretty high considering I was just sitting there. I later researched that my heart rate should be a little higher because my body is working extra hard making babies and the progesterone increases blood flow by a lot! Amazing what your body is doing without you even realizing. So we tried again for a while. G was so cute being all into it wanting to be the one to try and find the heartbeats. For one split second the monitor flashed 172 and we thought that HAD to be one of the twins! We couldn't hear anything, but it had to pick up on something there. We finally called it quits and figured we just have to wait a few more weeks before we can hear them. It's an outside doppler so they are probably too little yet for the sound to reach through my body. Tomorrow we will have an ultrasound with Dr. T. and will hopefully hear the heartbeats then. I won't lie though... it is a little nerve-wracking not hearing anything. Even though my head knows it's because I'm not far along enough but there is still that ever so quiet nagging thought of what if something is wrong. But I'm sure it's fine. We'll see tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete