December 3- Happy One Month Birthday!!!

I can't believe the twins are a month old! (Gestational age: 33 weeks). Of course, once they reach their original due date we will have to start going by their "corrected age." Which means since they were two months early, when they are technically three months old their corrected age will be one month. That's what we'll have to go by when looking at developmental milestones. Supposedly they'll catch up within a year and a half to two years. And while they'll be a bit behind in some of their milestones, they may actually be ahead of the game when it comes to talking because they've been exposed to language longer. Interesting stuff. Time will tell....

In the meantime, they are doing great! They grow every day. River is growing much faster than Riley, but we're told it's because she was smaller to begin with. Plus with her heart not being fully closed yet she breathes faster, therefore burning more calories throughout the day. They are sending a dietician over to see her this week to see what they can do savor possibly upping her caloric intake to increase her growth so hopefully they'll come up with a solution to help her grow a little faster.

While we were visiting the twins the other day the nurse had to put Riley's feeding tube back in through her nose and was having a hard time. G and I watched in amazement when every time Riley was in distress, River's heart rate would shoot up and he would cry. He wasn't looking at her, just next to her. It was this very weird twin connection type moment. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the future!

This week they will be moving from a bassinet to a crib. So many changes in just one week, it's amazing! Ever since they started co-bedding they have been thriving. Their stats have improved tremendously and their cuteness factor has been raised exponentially. They are so sweet and lovey with each other. Riley literally stares at her big brother and smiles! It sounds crazy with how young they are, I wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't seen it for myself on multiple occasions. The nurses all go crazy for these two and today I walked in to find a group of people standing around them. They were apparently part of a tour given to administrators! Too funny. The twins are definitely capturing the hearts of those around them, and for sure they've already stolen daddy's and mine! 

    Plotting their escape


    They do this at the same time when 
    we unwrap them from being swaddled


    River apparently has a bit of Mommy's 
    Jersey attitude! LOL
    

    Double Diaper Duty


    Kangarooing with Daddy


7 comments:

  1. Love love love the pictures!! Keep those amazing gains coming! It's an inspiration to read your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And keep me posted on your situation!!

      Delete
  2. Happy one month! I can't believe it has already been a month. Love the pictures, they are just adorable. So happy for you and your family. And thanks for giving all of us such hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I can't believe it either! Time sure does fly. Keep the hope alive!!!!

      Hugs <3
      Cole

      Delete
  3. So sorry for the belated congratulations on the arrival of your twins! They are absolutely adorable! I'm happy to hear that they are thriving and doing well. I've also been enjoying the twin interactions with my two - they're so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your precious babies! Your blog has been an inspiration for me and my husband. We are just starting our natural fertility journey, and I'm using your tips. I was wondering if you could share your DHEA and Testosterone levels from when you first started your journey. The reason I ask is our numbers are very similar, but I'm not sure if I should include DHEA. Your help is greatly appreciated! We are so happy for you!! :) Thanks for sharing your journey! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When he break up with me my heart was filled with pains,sorrow..couldn't just bear it any more because i was madly in love with my boyfriend. Every day and night i thought of him and always wish he would come back to me, i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and came across a testimony that suggested "Dr osofo that he can help get ex back fast a nd also stop a divorce. I felt I should give him a try...I contacted him and he told me what he need to work on my situation and i gave them to him then he did a love spell for me... 48 hours after, my boyfriend called me and came back to me and apologized for leaving me..(cos he hurt me) and promised never to do that again. Since that day, he has really be so nice to me.. he just love me more...am so happy..All thanks to dr osofo. If you have any problem and your want to get your ex back contact him, I was also told he have herbal medicine that cure all kinds of diseases/sickness, contact dr osofo now through his email......( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete