November 24- NICU Week 3

River and Riley are three weeks old today! (Gestational age 32 weeks). Riv is growing like crazy, already 3 lbs 3 1/2 oz. By the end of the week they will let us bring in preemie onesies for him to wear! They moved his feeding tube to his nose because the little stinker kept yanking it out of his mouth. But in 2 weeks they both will start weening off their feeding tubes and gradually easing into bottle feeding. Yay! Riley is also doing well, she's still 2 lbs 6 oz- but we found out because of her bubble CPAP and her small size she is burning more calories than her bro, therefore not gaining as quickly. So I'm going to only kangaroo her once a day this week (as taking her out burns calories) to try and help her grow. But she is definitely doing better... No more dropping her heart rate and she is much more alert and responsive. One more week down... around 6 to go....

Here are some videos and pics from this week:


http://youtu.be/YS2eQAToQnk

http://youtu.be/o1JBfB2xXkI

http://youtu.be/vSGcjdjrEFg




4 comments:

  1. Well your blog has helped me with my twin pregnancy and will now even more...one of the waters broke last night. I'm now on hospital bed rest with magnesium and steroid shots at 26 weeks 1 day. Therefore, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey, I'm sorry to hear that! It certainly takes you off guard, huh? Are they thinking they can keep them in? Are you dilated/effaced at all? Please keep me posted, and hang in there girl!

      Delete
  2. Thank you...yes it was a big shock! I had an appointment on Friday with my perinatologist and my cervix was closed and measured 2.8. I haven't been checked since I got here but contractions have been very minimal too. They are trying to keep them in as long as possible but who knows what time frame that gives us! Thanks for replying as I know you have to be busy! I also have a blog too if you care to read our journey and updates:
    Http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When he break up with me my heart was filled with pains,sorrow..couldn't just bear it any more because i was madly in love with my boyfriend. Every day and night i thought of him and always wish he would come back to me, i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and came across a testimony that suggested "Dr osofo that he can help get ex back fast a nd also stop a divorce. I felt I should give him a try...I contacted him and he told me what he need to work on my situation and i gave them to him then he did a love spell for me... 48 hours after, my boyfriend called me and came back to me and apologized for leaving me..(cos he hurt me) and promised never to do that again. Since that day, he has really be so nice to me.. he just love me more...am so happy..All thanks to dr osofo. If you have any problem and your want to get your ex back contact him, I was also told he have herbal medicine that cure all kinds of diseases/sickness, contact dr osofo now through his email......( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete